Dr. iPhone: 20 iPhone Applications To Improve Your Health
These days, many people are facing down a New Year’s resolution to lose weight, or are following an ongoing goal to be more healthy. Fortunately, there are many tools available to those who need help getting healthier, and many of these tools can be found on the iPhone. Whether you’re looking for tracking, motivation, or a place to keep your health records, look to these iPhone applications for help.
Assessment & Tracking
Find out exactly where your health is with the help of these iPhone assessment apps.
- iEyeExam: Use this eye exam to quickly find out if your eyesight has any red flag problems.
- Symptom Navigator: Access health symptoms wherever you are by checking them out on the iPhone with this app. Symptom Navigator will make it easy for you to determine what’s wrong with you, or find out whether or not you need to seek medical attention.
- Free Menstrual Calendar: Keep track of your menstrual cycle and predict your next period using this iPhone app. If you’re trying to get pregnant, this app is also useful for tracking your fertility.
- Blood Alcohol Concentration Calculator: Determine just how drunk you are by using this blood alcohol calculator that estimates your BAC percentage based on your weight, how many drinks you’ve had, and how quickly you’re drank them.
Nutrition & Weight Loss
Use these iPhone apps to stay on top of what you’re eating and lose some weight.
- PointsCalc: It’s important to know the nutritional value of what you’re eating. Keep track of the calories, fat, and fiber of your food with the help of PointsCalc.
- SparkPeople: SparkPeople’s iPhone edition makes it easy for you to track your health progress, look up foods, and more.
- Sensei for Weight Loss: Keep a dietician in your iPhone by using Sensei. This app will help you successfully lose weight by creating a weight loss plan that’s right for you.
- 8h2o: Most medical professionals agree that drinking water is an important part of health. With this simple app, you can keep track of how many glasses of water you drink every day.
- Restaurant Nutrition: Fast food restaurants aren’t often frank about the amount of fat, calories, and carbs in their food, but this app lists the nutrition facts of a variety of chain restaurants like McDonald’s, Denny’s Burger King, and more.
These iPhone apps will help you work out with motivation, workout ideas, and more.
- GymFu: GymFu makes it fun and easy to do fitness training with your iPhone. You can even compete with other users and record your progress.
- iPump: If you’re looking for a workout in your iPhone, this app delivers. It offers over 3,000 exercises and images for cardio, strength, pilates, yoga, and more.
- Steps: Studies have found that using a pedometer tends to promote more physical activity. Put this iPhone pedometer to work, and you’ll be able to track how far you walk every day.
- iMapMy: Use this location-based application to track your daily training data in running, cycling, and more. The app tracks essentials like time, distance, and pace.
Download these iPhone applications if you’re looking for a way to keep health information available on your iPhone.
- EPocrates: Find drug information, interactions, and safety information for prescription drugs on this Rx software for the iPhone.
- My Life Record: My Life Record makes it possible for you to keep track of your own medical records. Keep notes, test results, important dates and more at hand at all times on your iPhone.
- Pocket First Aid Guide: You never know when a medical emergency may strike, so it’s important to have helpful information on you at all times. With this app, you can keep first aid instructions on your iPhone so you’re always ready.
- My Emergency Info: If you’re in a medical emergency, there are many important pieces of information that are useful to have available. Keep all of your important emergency information close at hand on your iPhone for emergency technicians and other medical professionals.
These iPhone applications will help promote your general wellness and health.
- Bob’s Sheep Counter: A good night’s sleep is an important part of everyone’s health. Use Bob’s sheep to get to sleep faster and easier.
- Zen Timer: This iPhone meditation timer will help you time your zen meditation practice. It will allow you to set the number of minutes you want to meditate, and then sound off a gentle bell when your time is up.
- White Noise: White noise can help you block out distracting noises, and improve the quality of your sleep. This app is also great for creating a more relaxing, stress free environment.